We're making slow but steady progress towards our third transfer. We officially told our clinic that we are interested in matching with Family D. D and I sat down in front of some profiles, read through them together, and both concluded that this family seems open, fairly similar to us and a plus is that they have a very good health history. Unlike Family A and Family C, they live completely across the country- on the West Coast.
Going into this the third time, I have lower expectations. Family A was everything we could have asked for, and although I think we will always have a relationship and keep in touch, we will never have a child in common. I think that hurt made choosing this time have less pressure. We just want to find someone we both agreed with. Obviously picking the "perfect" family for us didn't work out. That disappointment clouds our desire to look high and low for another "perfect" family.
So, now we wait for an answer from Family D. We received very quick responses from Family A and C (we had a wait awhile to hear "no" from Family B). Family D has five kids, so they're probably pretty busy. I hope we don't have to wait too terribly long, though. The clinic said they emailed the family. I hope whichever parent they emailed actually checks their email! If someone emailed D about something important, they might wait awhile for a response! :)
After we both agreed to pursue a match with Family D, I talked with Carol, the embryologist about these embryos. Quality doesn't guarantee success, but we are interested in it. Much to my surprise, she said they are from an excellent clinic she's had good success from before. On top of that, all six embryos are very excellent quality. As in all the very best and second best a blast can be (multicells are rated less stringently, but blasts are rated 1-6 and then with two sets of letters A-C... so there are lots of ratings a blast can be- 6AA, 5AB, 4CC, etc). That makes us feel hopeful.
We've already had our phone conference with the new contract mediator (the CEO who is covering). We prefer the same openness as with our two previous contracts but understand if this family isn't comfortable with that. She will discuss everything with Family D, should they agree to match with us. So, that's one more formality that's checked off the to-do list.
My weekly post-d&c pee stick this weekend was such a faint positive, that I'm sure by tomorrow it would be completely negative. I hope this means no more retained tissue and proper healing. I am so happy to have paid $2.40 rather than $484.00 to monitor this (not to mention the gas, time, hassle, and emotional distress to get to and from clinic).
After having to reschedule twice, I finally have my consultation with Dr. K this week on Wednesday. The genetic testing results came back with no answers. They didn't find anything genetically wrong with the baby. I have a whole list of questions typed up that I want to discuss with him. Please pray for him to have wisdom in my treatment. I'm sure he hates practicing medicine in the age of google and everyone talking to each other online- but I want to address my concerns and advocate for myself (and my future embryos).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment