Saturday, September 20, 2014

Gone

I woke up a couple of days ago to an email saying the mediator who handles our embryo adoption contracts and openness was no longer with the agency. I had recently been in contact with her because as we go into selecting more embryos, there are some concerns I wanted to discuss with her. I don't think I've mentioned it here on the blog, but as we figure out plans for transfer #3 (potentially our last transfer), the stakes are high, and there are some tough decisions to be made.

So mid-decision making, conflicted and sensitive me suddenly becomes alone and stuck. What in the heck?? Why does my favorite person in this whole scenario, the mediator, suddenly leave? She responds to your emails right away, always has a kind word, and genuinely cares about what is happening. Sure there are nice folks at our adoption agency and clinic and monitoring clinic, but she is beyond words. And just like that, gone.

Luckily I contacted the CEO, who is covering at the moment, and she graciously scheduled a time to talk with me yesterday. It was helpful to run our situation by someone who does this every day and KNOWS (openness in embryo adoption is a pretty specialty topic). 

After talking to her, I still had the same conclusion but more clarity and courage in following through with it.

To be continued, if and I when I get more profiles... 3.5 weeks and counting.... :)


No comments:

Post a Comment