Tuesday, September 2, 2014
Honoring Our Embryos, Part II
The embryos are loved and missed in their very short lives. I wanted to share some of the things that have been done to honor their memory. My aunt sent a delicious box of chocolate dipped fruit. My dear friend sent a gorgeous flower arrangement (hydrangeas- my favorite!). My mom took me to the d&c very bright and early and took care of me all day since D has already missed so much work. She got me lunch including a tasty Panera pastry and got my medication filled for me (had to go to 2 pharmacies in two cities to accomplish this). She stayed with me until D got home. My sister has visited twice and gave me very special tiny blankets for the embryos (see one in the shadowbox). Several others have texted, messaged, called, prayed, sent verses, and just checked in- which means a lot!
Here is the shadowbox I made. Originally I picked it up after the transfer because I knew, at a minimum, one had died during thawing so I'd need it. I accidentally got a larger size than last time but maybe it was a fruedian slip... I needed a larger one this time. The top pictures are the two embryos who survived the thaw up close as well as once they were transferred. The ultrasound pictures are both of Embryo C, who we lost last week. I never did get a picture of the empty sac of Embryo B with every visit to the RE being wild. The vials are from the three embryos. The blue lid was the two that were transferred and the pink lid was the one who died in thawing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment